Goodbye mechanical hum
Many amplifiers have a really annoying mechanical transformer hum (emitted from the transformer itself), especially those with toroidal (circular) transformers.
You can hear it when you place your ear close or next to the chassis.
This is usually caused by a small amount of DC voltage in the mains which makes its way through to the mains transformer, it will become ‘saturated’ and start to hum like a trooper.
The DC Blocker is a clever device that you place at the IEC (at the rear power inlet) and as its name implies, it stops DC from getting into the audio mains. It eliminates transformer hum from amplifiers.
All the benefits of cutting out annoying hum with no drawbacks.
- Intelligently block DC voltages from the mains to eliminate transformer hum
- EMI shielding is retained
- Equipment Safety is unaffected
Behind every good component is a DC Blocker
Just deploy at each component. Remember that best practice is to always keep at least one direct power cable connection.
- Maximum rating >10A, continuous current rating 7A
- Small size, universal application, won’t block any other connectors, sockets, or cables