Astell&Kern A&futura SE200Astell&Kern
Multi DAC: AK4499EQ x1& ES9068AS x2
32bit 384kHz bit to bit play
New Blue UI
Ceramic Cover Top & Rear
The answer to the value of premium found in SE200
- The SE200 is the second model from the Astell&Kern A&futura premium line of Digital Audio Players.
- After the first model SE100, we were once again thinking about the nature of the word premium and asked ourselves,
- "What is the value of premium in Hi-Fi and how can we express it with a product?"
- We decided to "Let's make One device that nobody can duplicate"
- We wanted to try something no one else has tried before, including Astell&Kern. The result is the SE200.
- Equipped with the world's first Multi DAC (1x AK4499EQ + 2x ES9068AS)
- Independent AMP structure designed to compliment each DAC's characteristics and DAC Filters to create your own sound
- Audio performance to feel premium Hi-Fi sound presented by Astell&Kern
- Upgrades that add a Premium value experience
- We introduce the second product from Astell&Kern's premium A&futura line, is the SE200.
- We hope that you will experience our answer to the value of premium found in SE200.
World's First Multi-DAC DAP
- The A&futura SE200 is the world's first Multi DAC player.
- Since the release of the Dual DAC AK120 player in 2013, we have not seen any products feature more than Dual DACs in the last seven years.
- This prompted us to ask the question, "Why hasn't there been more than two DACs in a player?"
- So, we set out to become the first manufacturer to use more than two DACs and the result is the SE200.
- The SE200 features the latest audiophile DACs from ESS, the ES9068AS in a Dual DAC configuration. We then added a single AK4499EQ, AKM's flagship DAC that is used in our flagship SP2000. Combining the three DACs, we have produced the world's first multi-DAC DAP.
- This pairing exhibits the philosophy of the A&futura line to pursue fundamentally different sound than found in typical DAPs.
- To properly implement multiple DACs, we needed to spend twice the amount of time on development and double the amount of time in properly tuning the player.
- Astell&Kern is not content to keeping things the same all the time. We are constantly working to improve on what we have already achieved to bring the most accurately reproduced and best sound to our products.
Independent AMP Sections Designed to Match DAC Characteristics
- The SE200 was not designed with one AMP circuit, but multiple, different AMP designs to optimize the different characteristics of the AKM and ESS DACs that are used in the player.
- By separating the signals for each channel of Balanced and Unbalanced, we designed independent circuits that do not interfere with each other to provide the best sound possible.
Your own sound style
- The SE200 goes beyond selecting the best DAC for typeof music you are listening to.
- You can now further customize your sound by choosing froma variety of DAC filters provided by the DAC manufacturer.
- With the SE200, you can now choose your own preferred sound profile.
Unique manufacturing technology that takes a step further
- Astell&Kern products are often compared to art sculptures, with colorful faces and angles that are not found in other products.
- This crafting is done using precise metal processing technology.
- The SE200 maintains a similar design identity to the SE100 which combines trapezoidal straight lines and curves.
- These curves are the result of ultra-precision metal processing that has been perfected by Astell&Kern.
- After experimenting with different materials for the rear of the SE200, we created a new ceramic rear cover, instead of the glass found on the previous generation SE100. This material not only improves wireless network performance, but produces a more premium feel to the player.
- New manufacturing techniques were developed to precisely mold the high-gloss ceramic cover involving seven separate processes. A low-speed processing method is used to prevent cracking and produce a durable backing. The results are a rear cover that is not just beautiful, but functional.
- The Aluminum body on the S200 provides maximum sound quality, while suppressing noise as much as possible. The use of laser ground extension technology gives you the best sound possible, without interference or distortion.
- The vibration-free processing machines used by Astell&Kern are the same ones used by expensive Swiss luxury watch manufacturers. This is reflected in the crafting of the volume wheel which is processed precisely like the crown of a luxury watch for the best operating feel.
- Astell&Kern products are designed to achieve perfect integration at whatever angle you look at it in your hands.
- Astell&Kern combines these small parts to make a big difference in the quality of our products that no other manufacturer can match.
A premium player line evolved
- Every time we create a new Astell&Kern product, we push ourselves to create an even better version than before.
- The SE200 builds upon the specs that made the SE100 a popular premium product, while offering new features not found in previous players.
Playback information reflected in light
- The SE200 features a volume wheel LED that displays a variety of music playback information including volume range, bit-rate of track currently playing and the current DAC that is being used for playback of music.
- * LED can be turned on or off according to user setting.