Astell&Kern SA700 Portable Music PlayerAstell&Kern
Past Meets Present, SA700
- We wanted to combine the analog sensibilities that remained in our hearts with the sound technology
that has evolved over the years since our first product was released.
We wanted to create the best sound that only we can do.
The SA700 is an evolution of technology and design that deliver the ultimate sound to Astell&Kern original design and sensibility.
- Emotional Retro Design
- Intuitive LED Indicator
- New Special GUI
- Stainless Steel Body for Premium Sound
- Ideal Size for Portability
- Dual DAC of AK4492ECB from AKM
- 32bit / 384kHz, Native DSD256 support
With the latest technology, the deeper and stronger sound of the SA700 delivers new experiences and values not found in other products.
First DAP Using AKM AK4492ECB DAC
The SA700 is the first DAP to use a AK4492ECB Dual DAC to give a new sound signature.
AKM's AK4492ECB is a DAC that aims to achieve the best performance in the industry by utilizing the technology obtained by developing AK4497EQ.
It has a lower power consumption and similar audio performance compared to AK4497EQ, making it the best DAC for a portable DAP.
Only Astell&Kern's Sound Technology know-how has made the DAC's performance even more perfect.
Now you can enjoy premium sound close to the original performance with the SA700 and the AK4492ECB.
Unchanging Value, Stainless Steel
The SA700 uses stainless steel, which is corrosion-resistant and durable, for maximum material strength and beauty.
Since it takes a lot of time, skill and cost to process the material, it is often only used for expensive products. The SA700 uses stainless steel because it provides the perfect sound.
Stainless Steel delivers both luxury and balanced, clean sound
Feel it at the SA700.
Deliver the perfect original sound
SA700 offers the optimal condition to deliver perfect original sound.
SA700 is capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 32bit 384kHz and native DSD playback up to 11.2MHz,
delivering detailed, distortion-free sound just as the artist intended.
Intuitive LED Indicator
The LEDs around the volume wheel are not just visual effects, but provide the listener information
including volume and status of the currently playing song.
Different colors are displayed depending on the bit depth of the song being played,
and 150 levels of red saturation are displayed to reflect the current player volume.
* LED can be turned on or off according to user setting.
New GUI where the past and the present coexist
SA700 maintains the convenience of Astell&Kern's UI combined with a new GUI that reminds users of our 1st generation players.
You can combine Astell&Kern's past and present through the GUI which is reinterpreted by using Astell&Kern's various color identities.
Using Open APP Service
The Open APP Service enables the user to install specific APK
music streaming apps to the device.
Copy the desired APK into the Open Service folder of the product
and install the relevant App in the Menu-Service of the product.
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is an award-winning British technology that delivers the sound of the original master recording.
The master MQA file is fully authenticated and is small enough to stream or download. Visit mqa.co.uk for more information.
Astell&Kern SA700 includes MQA technology, which enables you to play back MQA audio files and streams,
delivering the sound of the original master recording.
- Onyx Black / Stainless Steel
- Stainless Steel
- 4.1inch (720 x 1,280) Touch display
- WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- Services(Tidal Masters), Local files, External USB, MQA-CD(ripped)
- PCM : 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD
- Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz),
- Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Unbalanced 2.0Vrms / Balanced 4.0Vrms (Condition No Load)
- AKM AK4492ECB x2 (Dual DAC)
- Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- USB Type-C input (for PC & MAC)
- Unbalanced Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- V4.2 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptXTM HD)
- 2.32 ”(59.1 mm) [W] x 4.56 ”(115.9 mm) [H] x 0.64 ”(16.5 mm) [D]
- 10.68 oz (303 g)
- Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- ±0.12dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.12dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Balanced
- ±1.48dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced / ±1.48dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz) Balanced
- 120dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 123dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- -134dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / -138dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Unbalanced / 0.0006% @ 1kHz, Balanced
- 0.0003% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalanced / 0.0004% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balanced
- Unbalanced Out 3.5mm (1.8ohm) / Balanced out 2.5mm (1.9ohm)
- 3,150mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Up to 8.5 hours (Standard - MUSIC: FLAC, 16-bit/44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Volume 80, EQ OFF, LCD OFF)
- About 4.5 hours (Standard - 5V/2A Charging)
- 128GB [NAND]
- microSD (Max. 1TB) x1
- Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up